Why should I choose therapeutic exercises me/my child/my dependent?
If you experience pain:
- Exercises are easier and less painful because the forces on weight-bearing joints are reduced.
- The warmth of the water helps reduce pain by relaxing tight or spastic muscles and increases blood flow.
If you receive land-based therapy or exercises:
- Water-based therapy provides a change in routine and introduction of new program that complements land-based therapy.
If you want improved well-being, therapeutic exercises:
- Helps manage stress and anxiety
- Reduces depression
- Increases ability to concentrate
- Develops self-esteem
There are certainly many benefits to group therapeutic exercises, including: affordability, camaraderie, a sense of competition that makes you work harder, etc. but if you have conditions that prevent you from keeping up with the group, there are a lot of benefits in having your own therapeutic exercise program:
- The therapeutic exercise program is customized according to your own abilities, your needs and goals, taking into consideration input from your other health providers.
- Private 1:1 means you get personalized attention. The instructor is focused on your own needs.
- You can provide immediate feedback and the instructor can make the necessary adjustments on the fly.
- You won’t have to try and keep up with the group.